Lil Girl Shoping Lil Girl Shoping

a good start

Not bad. It kind of reminded me of those old black and white films with only music and no sound. If that's what you were going for, then you should have also had the captions appear in a black background after each shot, like they did in the old days (for an example, look up Charlie Chaplin on youtube). Anyway, just an idea for you. Nice drawing and stuff too.

Chinese New Year 2008 Chinese New Year 2008

Gongxi Gongxi!

lol, Zhenme ke-ai! I am also a student studying Chinese language, and it's great to see such a traditional flash about the biggest holiday in Chinese culture! I don't come across many Chinese folk songs, but the ones I do hear are always fun and interesting. Great job on the eyes too! I might try that sparkling technique in the future, as it works really well.
And actually, it's kind of nice that as we are entering into the bleakest, coldest part of the year, we can be reminded of the happy spring to come! Xie xie ni!

Kenzu responds:

I also think that the good thing about winter is that it is followed by spring and its festival.

Even I celebrate it and I am not Chinese!

The Rat on the FDA The Rat on the FDA

it's nice to see some poetry

I'm glad to see someone submit some poetry of their own. It's great to see the art of flash take more mature forms every now and then. Although, I can't agree with some of the content of the poem, it was still fun to watch. I think sometimes you mix up the pharmaceutical companies and the soulless advertisers with the FDA, and although they may be related, the FDA can't be blamed for it all. As for Mary Jane, it's certainly one contention that many people have with the FDA, but not one that should distort one's opinion of the entire organization. I myself have qualms about the FDA, but I think in a lot of ways, it still does a lot of good. I go to places like China, where you always have to be careful about what you eat, and it makes me a little more happy that I live in a place with less corruption and more checks and balances. Anyway, about the pop sound at the beginning, yes I do have a suggestion. First of all, make sure you're importing as wav, that's the easiest thing to check. Now, if you're editing the sound with something simple like Windows Sound Recorder, then I'vefound the pop to be quite hard to get rid of, but if you download a free app like Audacity from places like downloads.com, you can zoom in on the sound wave, and delete the spikes that represent the pop. Then, you should have no problem at all.

The Myth Of Sisyphus The Myth Of Sisyphus

Awesome artwork!

I love it! I'm really glad you learned some techniques from Adam Philips, 'cause we need to see more people learning stuff like that here on NG. I don't think you give your own original skill enough credit though. I disagree with other people who may be of the opinion that just because it uses a few similar techniques as Adam Philips that it should somehow be called a ripoff. Such impositions of categorizations and rules are simply an oppression of the right of artists to feel free to make whatever kinds of art they feel they should. There is much creativity to be found in building and expanding off of the foundational ideas that others have started. So keep doing what you enjoy, and don't listen to the legalists!

CatFat responds:

Wow thanks! 10/10 for the review! lol

-Skate Or Die- -Skate Or Die-

not bad

lol, more like Skate AND Die. The animation is smooth enough, and, I thought the spikes were pretty funny. Overall, a nice way to spend 30 seconds of life.

Super Mario RPG 2: TDS P1 Super Mario RPG 2: TDS P1

great concept

I really like the idea, but the graphics do need some work, which will just come with practice as you learn more about flash, so don't worry about that. The thing I really didn't like, and which prevented me from scoring you higher was the voices. The seem to be really loud and overly goofy, which I found a little annoying, to be honest. Maybe consider dropping those next time. Just trying to help. Anyway, good luck on this series.

ikool responds:

Ok, thanks, I'll remember this while making P2 ^-^.

Hungboo and Nolboo Hungboo and Nolboo

Hey! A Korean Folktale!

Awesome! It's great to see a traditional Korean tale portrayed so well! Thanks very much. Lol, it seems like they do this skit every year at the school on Korea Night. Fun stuff tho. Thanks again.

littlePecker&BIGpussy littlePecker&BIGpussy

very nice

lol, I really like the cat's scream. It's overall a good little comic-strip style cartoon. Thanks for the laughs.

The Constipated Song The Constipated Song

rofls 2 u!

lol, that was great! I think we can all relate to those songs with misheard lyrics, and was a hilarious way to approach it! Good job!

Oggy-cheese responds:

Thanks a lot man! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did! lol.

The art of Writing The art of Writing

that was so cool!

Thank you very much for such a great work of art! I'm currently trying to learn Chinese, and it was really cool to see the characters come to life! Great concept, and I think it would be awesome if you pursued it further.